Here are pictures of celebrities with acne along with top 3 treatments,cures and tricks to hide acne:
Charlize Theron seems to be really enjoying her ice cream. Can ice cream be causing our favorite South African actress to suffer from a little acne?
1: Lifestyle Changes and Home Treatments
Acne can be avoided or controlled with healthy skin care and home techniques:
Wash acne prone areas with a gentle soap. Too much washing and scrubbing may irritate skin. Shampoo your hair often if you have acne around your hairline.
Use over-the-counter acne lotions to remove excess oil and promote peeling. Look for products containing benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid as the active ingredient.
Avoid irritants such as greasy cosmetics, sunscreens, hairstyling products or acne concealers. Use products labeled “water-based” or “noncomedogenic.” If your acne is susceptible to the sun, try to protect yourself or stay away as much as you can.
Be careful with what comes into contact with your face. Hair,objects, hats, clothing, cellphones.
Don’t pick or squeeze pimples it’ll make things worse!
2 : Stronger Treatments and Drugs
Acne treatments can help by affecting one or more skin processes: lower oil production, speed up skin cell turnover, fight infection from bacteria, reduce inflammation.
These lotions are generally mild and contain benzoyl peroxide, sulfur, resorcinol, salicylic acid or sulfur as their active ingredient.
Tretinoin (Avita, Retin-A, others), adapalene (Differin) and tazarotene (Tazorac, Avage), anibiotics Isotretinoin (Amnesteem, Claravis, Sotret)are examples of products that can be prescribed by a doctor.
Other treatments have shown to have an effect on acne: Oral contraceptives : norgestimate and ethinyl estradiol (Ortho Tri-Cyclen, Previfem, others), can improve acne in women. Laser and light therapy can reach down into the deep layers of the skin and inflence oil production. Chemical peels and microdermabrasion may be helpful in controlling acne. Cosmetic procedures can reduce acne.
3. Supplements and Acne:
Some supplements have been shown to help reduce acne, such as:
- Tea tree oil.
- Alpha hydroxy acids.
- Azelaic acid.
- Zinc supplements.
- Brewer’s yeast.
Cosmetic Procedures can be used to reduce scars left behind by acne:
- Soft tissue fillers composed of collagen or fat.
- Chemical peels to remove the top layer of skin.
- Dermabrasion also removes the top layer of skin and helps reduce deep acne scars
- Microdermabrasion removes surface cells without damaging skin.
- Laser, light source and radiofrequency treatments help skin regenerate itself.
- Skin surgery can be used to remove and repair the scar.
How to hide acne and what to use
- Use ice, ibuprofen or Visine to reduce the swelling.
- Use a tinted blemish cream that covers and heals like Clearasil.
- Use Benzoyl peroxide.
- Use a very small, pointy concealer brush to cover acne from all angles with a
concealer formula that is quite dry
- Use an eyeshadow brush filled with loose powder to help conceal acne
- Use mineral makeup for pimples because it doesn’t add volume
ThatZit! Acne Treatment 28g Bottle